End of the year


To be honest, I thought about what I could focus on but I couldn’t seem to pick a particular thing; everything just seemed as important as each other and needed its own post! Fortunately for me I came across a list online, which I got a little bit too excited over. This list just gives me structure so you don’t get confused by me story hoping.

So let’s get to it, here’s my taking stock list...

       Making: Strong, God fearing girl friends. I have been surrounded by more solid ladies this year, which is surprising because my close friends are usually guys. But I have to admit, I’m liking this change.
       Reading: Karen Kingsbury books. I think I have read close to ten of her books in the course of the year and I haven’t discovered an author with a weird obsession of linking ALL her characters between several series like this woman!! It’s nice, if you’re like me and need to know what happens to every character.
       Wanting: My bed. Always. It’s just too cold for anything else.
       Enjoying: My singleness. This year has made me realise that my singleness is a time of building, discovering and pruning. And I have to say, I’ve learnt a lot about myself.
       Waiting: For the baton so I can run. So many things I wanted to do this year but it always felt like there was something that needed to happen before I could go ahead. Still waiting on some, but I am thankful for the many batons I have received so far.
       Loving: The fact that I don’t have to worry because God’s got me. I just love that no matter the blocks I faced this year, He came through. Even if it wasn’t in ways I thought of, He still came.
       Pondering: What I’d be like in a relationship. Seeing people I know get into relationships and watching the slight changes in them has me thinking what I’d be like. Will my changes be drastic or subtle?
       Buying: Far too many baking equipments and cake decorations. I actually need help.
       Watching: Way too many TV shows! And the occasional sermons. But the TV shows are a problem; I tried cutting them down this year but I ended up adding at least 2 more.
       Cringing: At most words of endearment. I don’t know if it’s just me, but they sound unnatural. People keep using them around me and it confuses me, but I am learning to accept it. I think.
       Needing: More. More closeness to God, more resources to help out, more techniques to improve myself. Just more.
       Smelling: Fried plantains. Not going too lie, but I really think there’s someone who has been following me at weird intervals throughout the year, just frying plantains.
       Following: Other peoples snap-chat just to see their holiday pictures. Its amazing how seeing peoples holiday photos gets me excited for when I do go on my own.
       Noticing: Awkward situations.
       Pretending: I don’t notice those awkward situations.
       Thinking: Of how much I need a solid winter jacket. My recent cold alerted me to the fact that this weather isn’t joking.
       Helping: The homeless. It has been so fulfilling to be able to give food and clothes to some of the homeless around me. If you can, please find a way to give back.
       Getting: Excited for January, because it means the hectic Christmas season is over.

Well, that’s my shortened taking stock list. Comment below and let us know what you’re taking stock of this month.


Bee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things I never told my Mother

Changing my Yes

Put Your best foot forward