Wedding Night- A Night to Remember

The wedding night is one night most women look forward to, especially  if they are  believers. I was not left out,I had dreamt about the wedding night for years. I imagined  severally what a glorious night it would be. Halleluyah.
Then again I thought what’s the big deal and decided nothing should  happen that night rather  I chose to  carry it over three nights.

The hype among Christians about the wedding night is just something else especially if one is a virgin.I met my hubby after many years of praying, fasting and so much more it happened(story for another day).On my 38th birthday I got married.We had agreed or rather I told “B” we should sow  that night and the next two days as a seed, yea yea I  am a cheerful giver who  just loves to sow into the kingdom.So the wedding night arrived (gonna make this a night to remember) and guess who showed up uninvited,the monthly visitor.Well with thanks to God as  nothing was planned for three days.Our visitor  actually stayed three days (it became our visitor the moment we said "I DO”).Eventually, three days passed, It  happened to be a Sunday and I was excited.It was going to happen  finally after all  these years.

 That morning in church, (yes o,we went to church, HONEYMOON ? maybe we will  go to the Caribbean, will have a talk with  B).People were surprised to see us and someone actually  asked “how was it?” and when  we  replied"!nothing yet", he said ”
no wonder you guys are in church because you probably would still be behind closed doors”.

Being a virgin I knew it would not be easy but seriously I was not expecting  the  kind of resistance I felt , it was  more like trying to break down the walls of Jericho with a hammer and the pains was like KILODE( a Yoruba word meaning what is this ),What happened to those beautiful Mills and Boon stories of first time? I was like okay the pain is expected but this is  reeally painfull!!!. But  I was also determined as a good Christian not to give up, to keep trying till my break through happens. This mountain must MOVE.I told “B” to keep trying, not to stop, nothing prepared me for the onslaught of nerve wrecking pain, and after a while I felt a tickle and I thought  finally I have conquered .Amen, Glory!

I went to  the bathroom to wash up, but  the more I washed the more blood rushed out, suddenly  I told myself "something is not right here".Nothing I had read (believe me, I have read plenty) and all the womanly gist I had heard said anything about the bleeding  not stopping. I  told my hubby ,” B, I think something is wrong”. He just replied  “you are too naive, you have just become a woman, you have been untouched for a trillion years, do you know the work I did in there?” I  retorted back by telling him  it was  not the time to feel like a G(G a short form for Guru).

After about 30 minutes I freaked out, called one of my pastors in church who is a nurse and she asked  me to go to the hospital  immediately.By this time, I completely went berserk.  WHAT!!!!!! .And this is supposed to be my wedding night.All this took place at about 1am in the morning. After another 30 minutes we decided to go leave for a hospital.

 There are three hospitals around us so we went to the closest one, the nurse was initially sympathetic and asked if I was having a miscarriage.I  told her no  and she asked; “so why are you bleeding?”. She then asked me to get on the examination table which I did promptly. She had a look and just said ,”please go somewhere else” .It was then I got scared as it is only serious cases  that get rejected in a hospital.My mind kept having all manner of  horrible thoughts  like is it possible that I will bleed to death?What will my hubby "B" say killed me? I decided to  start praising God at the top of my voice.If  I have to die, let me go singing praises like one of the martyrs.
 We got  to the second  hospital,it was more like a Genesis 1:1 situation.There was no light, no generator with total and complete darkness .We quickly headed away and  finally got to the third and farthest one, where  the nurse was  taking forever asking for my details.I  snapped back and told her my husband would answer the questions and I needed to see the doctor immediately as I believed I was dying. Annoyingly,I still got asked the same question “if you are  not having a miscarriage ,why are you bleeding? 
     
The doctor came  eventually and was taking his precious time, and I kept wondering if I needed to faint or do something really drastic for  him to know this was really a serious matter.After examining me, he pronounced and diagnosed “laceration of the vagina wall” and said  I would  need stitches. You got to be kidding me doc, I just got married. I have never had stitches in any part of my body helloooo, WHY THERE!!.

Anyway I got stitched while I still sang praises, the doctor was like “madam please stop singing”. I told the nurse to call my hubby  "B” to come and see his handiwork, the poor man was peeping through the door because the doctor told him to  stay out. I was just praying silently that the doctor knew  what he  was  doing as he was a bit grouchy .Apparently he  had been woken up from his  sleep in  what he had probably reckoned would be  a quiet and restful night by moi. Got back home and I was like, What happened here?

I went for my  follow up  appointment and met this baby doctor on duty and after explaining  why I  had come , she  just  burst out in a stream of laughter. She apologised  though as   I sat unmoved, not getting the joke. She then said
 “a virgin at 38,what have you been doing?” .I proudly told her that  I have been serving God with my spirit, soul and body.Some weeks later after I had healed ,I went for a comprehensive examination and I was told that my pelvic bone was the culprit. It was practically fused together hence the gut wrenching pain. Thank God I am so normal. For a moment I had thought something was very wrong with me because all I kept hearing was" it is not that painful so why was the pain so bad for you". So they proffered a solution which was to keep on doing it with the reason that the pelvic bones are soft  and on their own will shift by reason of contact and use. I was like HA!!!!  WHAT!!!!! You mean I will keep enduring that pain, is there no injection or drugs to shift it? Soft bones ke? Bone is bone O!
The devil whispered  to me  horrible thoughts suggestive of regrets such as see your life now, if you have been doing it  since by now you would have been  be having a blast with your hubby, the bones would have parted all these years but see what you got yourself into.  Men and brethren and so it was that I, Benny endured and carried my cross for like 10 weeks  for the joy that was  set before me.I bore it with gritted teeth.

I was told I will deliver my baby through C-section because the bones will probably not be wide enough for a baby to pass through but God made a way where there seemed to be no way. Three years later I had my  daughter, Bomi born naturally.

 Lesson learned: The devil is a liar, he thought  he could spoil my wedding night.Rather  I had the last laugh. Am still laughing.
How has it been since then? Your guess is as good as mine.

Yours truly,
B Trilogy





The B Trilogy- Benny is a wife and mother, loves God with her spirit, soul and body. Married to “Biodun” with a beautiful daughter “Bomi”.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things I never told my Mother

Put Your best foot forward

Changing my Yes